Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sweet and Sour Chicken

This is soooo good. Mmmmm...

Recipe Courtesy of Melanie from My Kitchen Cafe


Chicken:
INGREDIENTS
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil

DIRECTIONS
Cut boneless chicken breasts into chunks. Season with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in cornstarch and then in egg. Fry in a little oil until brown but not cooked through.

Place in a single layer in a baking dish. Mix sauce ingredients (below) together and pour over chicken.

Sauce:
INGREDIENTS
¾ cup sugar
4 tablespoons ketchup
½ cup vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt

DIRECTIONS
I like to double the sauce recipe, FYI.  Personal preference. :)

Bake until all caramely and gooey (up to one hour) at 325 degrees. Turn chicken every 15 minutes.

4 comments:

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

Do you remember Emily Denkers? She makes almost this exact recipe...she made it for us in college...so yum! I still have this recipe it's so good! And I LOVE scotcharoos...esp with extra coconut and extra chips, gotta have the good stuff!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I must add this to my list of "to do's". It looks flavorful and I love this kind of chicken.

Melanie said...

Glad you liked this! I'm bookmarking your blog so I can try some of your recipes.

Anna M said...

I am going to try these Ben has been wanting homemade sweet and sour chicken. The Peanut butter cookies are awesome by the way.