Sunday, September 6, 2009

THE Peanut Butter Cookie

So, I attempted to make cream puffs for my family today and they turned into a total bust (story for another time). I had less than one hour to throw together another dessert, when I remembered my nephew, Cameron, saying his favorite cookie is Peanut Butter. Having never made a classic peanut butter cookie before (I know, the horror!), I scrambled to the Internet where I found a great recipe that, with a little bit of tweaking, caused Ryan to exclaim, "This is the best peanut butter cookie I have ever had!" SCORE!

Recipe Courtesy of Shirley Sadler
Altered Somewhat


INGREDIENTS
1 cup unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

DIRECTIONS
Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in eggs.

In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter. Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.

Roll into 1 inch balls and put on baking sheets. Flatten each ball slightly with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for about 8-10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Do not over-bake!

Makes about 4 dozen, depending on size

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I'll have to try this one too! PB is my FAVORITE!

gluten free pammy said...

I totally love making cream puffs, the trick is don't open the oven while their cooking and poke them to let the steam out or they will be soggy!