- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2-4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup frozen mixed veggies
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup worcheshire sauce
- 1 packet brown gravy
- 1 cup water
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash. Mix in butter and 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add onion and cook until clear. Add ground meat and cook until well browned. Pour off excess fat, then stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Then add ketchup, worcheshire sauce, packet of brown gravy and one cup of water. When it starts to thicken, add mixed veggies. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until thickened.
- Spread the ground meat and veggie mixture in an even layer on the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. Top with the mashed potato mixture and sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.