Friday, November 5, 2010

Homemade Noodles

Recipe Courtesy of Emilee Aardema
and My Mom

PHOTO CREDIT

My mom always makes the most delicious homemade noodles in her homemade chicken noodle soup. Thanks to a friend of a friend, I finally have a measured recipe for noodles just like hers! (This baker needs measurements!)

INGREDIENTS
2 cups flour
2 eggs
1 teaspoon oil
2-3 Tablespoons water

DIRECTIONS
Bring soup to a rolling boil in prep for noodles.

Mix together all ingredients with a fork. It won't mix perfectly; it is similar to a moist pie crust. Don't overwork it or the noodles will be tough.

Roll out on a generously floured surface to slightly thinner than pie crust--if you roll paper thin the noodles won't hold up.

Run a pizza cutter (or knife) through the dough to make long 1/4 inch strips. Drop one by one into the boiling soup. They cook super fast.......5-7 minutes.

3 comments:

CrystalsCozyKitchen said...

I LOVE home made noodles! I converted my husband as well. This looks about the same as the recipe I make. Although it looks like you actually try to make your noodles even! ;)

RMCarter said...

Well, my noodles weren't quite as pretty as these. My "photographer" (the hubby) wasn't able to take a picture so I borrowed this pic from another site (I credited them with the link), because every recipe needs a photo!

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

OMG - I never even thought of making my own noodles. I bet it makes a soup so, so special! Thanks for sharing.