Sunday, September 13, 2009

Chicken Noodle Soup

When you are sick, there is nothing like Chicken Noodle Soup. Sometimes, I choose to make my own. In the time it takes you to open a can, you can have homemade soup.

Okay, I lied. It takes longer to make homemade soup (obviously). BUT, it doesn't take as long as you think and it is SO much better. You can change up the ingredients according to what you like, in the portions you prefer!

When I am sick, if I have enough energy, I whip up a huge pot of this stuff and eat off it for several days. Warm, comforting, and just how I like it! Thank you to my mom, who taught me that there is nothing like homemade soup to make you feel better. Someday, I'll make it for my kids, just like she made it for me!

PHOTO CREDIT

INGREDIENTS
1 chicken breast, already cooked (or poach the chicken while you complete the rest of the soup)
3 stalks of celery
2 full size carrots
several green onions
chicken broth
egg noodles, or homemade noodles

DIRECTIONS
Chop celery, carrots, and onions. Bring a few cups of chicken broth to boil in a large pot. Add celery and carrots. Cook until almost tender. Add more broth to fill pot, and cook noodles until tender. Stir in onions and chicken and heat through.

When storing, make sure there is sufficient broth, as the noodles will absorb some broth in the fridge.

5 comments:

GarlicBOSS said...

This is a great recipe...thanks

Shaista Tabrez said...

i agree with u ..soups are best remedies to fight off when one is ill..thanks for sharing the recipe..

Amy Nielson said...

Yum! That sounds so good right now with this chilly weather. Can't wait to make some. :)

Velva said...

Love chicken soup. This is a great recipe!
You are right there is nothing better than chicken soup when you are feeling under the weather.

Alisa@Foodista said...

Great recipe!Love what you have here. I followed you from the logrolling and I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set, Thanks!