Recipe Courtesy of Me
(A combo of a few different recipes)
Makes enough to frost a 9" two-layer cake
- 1 1/2 cups butter (3 sticks), softened
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 5 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (more if needed)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Add cocoa to a large bowl or bowl of stand mixer. Whisk through to remove any lumps.
- Cream together butter and cocoa powder until well-combined.
- Add sugar and cream to cocoa mixture by adding 1 cup of sugar followed by a small amount of cream.
- After each addition has been combined, turn mixer onto a high speed for about a minute. Repeat until all sugar and cream has been added.
- Add vanilla extract and combine well.
- If frosting appears too dry, add more cream, a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the right consistency. Don't make it too runny. You want light and fluffy.