1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar, divided
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine strawberries, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup sugar in a mixing bowl, set aside in fridge for 1 hour.
2. In large mixing bowl beat eggs until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. Gradually add 3/4 cups sugar, mixing well. Stir in milk and vanilla and mix well.
4. Pour mixture into saucepan and heat to 170 degrees. Cool, then store in fridge until chilled.
5. Add strawberries with juice and mix well. Gently stir in whipping cream just until combined.
6. Pour into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions.
Saturday, January 1, 2011